The purposes of the Grant Office are to:
1. Encourage and assist College faculty and staff in developing creative ideas into viable fundable projects that are properly managed;
2. Coordinate all grant proposals with the College as the applicant, fiscal agent, or participant prior to development and submission;
3. Develop an annual plan/schedule of grant submissions that support institutional goals, priorities, and activities;
4. Compile and maintain a list of identified institutional/program needs to coordinate with available funding sources;
5. Maintain copies of all submissions for external funding and subsequent notifications of application results.
The Director of Grant Development and Administration is responsible for providing leadership and direction to search for and secure external funds and serving as the liaison between the College and the external funder/grantor.
Utilization of external funding is a mechanism by which the College may further the institution’s mission through addressing the needs of specialized groups; creating new educational/career opportunities for students; and instigating innovative educational methods and programs. The goal of seeking external funding is to facilitate the College’s effectiveness and enhance the student’s ability to obtain gainful employment within the community and/or successfully matriculate to four-year colleges or universities. WPCC encourages all employees to actively pursue external funding for projects.
Western Piedmont Online
Western Piedmont Community College
1001 Burkemont Avenue
Morganton, NC 28655